CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Why is it so hard to train through the holidays?



For the last two years I have always faced the same issues during the months of December, January, and February. The first issue is dealing with the winter months. I usually do my swims in the morning, which means I wake up at 5:00 am. But when the bed is so warm and it is so cold outside it really makes it hard to get out of bed. On the days that I do get out of bed I get a descent workout. Now my second issue is time management, of course during the winter months the days are shorter. I usually ride in the evenings during the summer months, but by the time I get out of work during the winter it is already dark and cold. So do I toughen up? Well I thought I would smarten up and buy an indoor trainer. I did and I have to say I am not using it as much as I thought I would be using it.


So I fight morning laziness and the evening clock for the days during the winter months, making it very difficult to have a successful off-season. I am going to try something new though, I intend to spice up my training by trying out some new workouts that my buddy from Dallas sent me. I hope that peaks my interest and gets me out of bed a whole lot easier. Well I am just checking in to let you all know what I am battling every day. More to come....let see if this little spark can ignite my training into overdrive!

0 comments: