CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Registered for Ironman 70.3 BSLT


Well it is official I am registered for the BSLT 70.3 Ironman. Every time I register for an event it is my official commitment to train and get ready for that event. It seems I can talk about doing an event all I want, but it is not till I get registered that I get into full training mode.


I have several goals for this race:


1. I want to finish first off!

2. Assuming I get through #1 I want to beat my 2007 time of 7:14 (I know it's slow but it was my first one so not too many laughs out there)!

I am not trying to make excuses but I did have a bad showing and my lack of attention to detail to my training and nutrition really showed on race day.

3. Swim under 50 minutes (I am a brick in the water).

4. Lastly I would like to dedicate my efforts to my father-in-law who is suffering from ALS. I am not sure if he will make it to the race yet, but I will video tape it for him if he is not there to see me cross the finish line, hopefully some where around 6:00 hours.


So as the new year comes around I say Cheers, to all you bloggers and loyal followers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's sweet of you baby. Training is always the hardest part of this endeavor. Race day is all fun!
(yeah right look who's talking)
Love,
your wife resting comfortably on the sidelines

Podium quest said...

Good luck on the half! Why BSLT twice in a row? You'd get a garenteed PR at
Soma. The BSLT was dang hard I thought. I don't have much desire to go beck to
that race for awhile.

S. Baboo said...

I had one of my best races of the year at BSLT in 07 but had a tough time on the run through the energy lab. I dod BSLT like 3 weeks after doing the Deuceman half in Show Low, AZ. I had a horrible race at the Deuceman but I honestly think it is why I did so well at BSLT.

Anonymous said...

Great job John on your deer hunting and looks like you are going to have a busy year keep up good work better you than me