CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hunting Vacation


I just got back from Amarillo, Texas. I decided to take a break from it all and go on a little hunting trip with my dad. No work, no workouts, no early morning alarms, no chores, it was great! As long as I can remember my dad has always loved hunting and whenever possible he has always taken my brother and I. So now that I can return the favor I figured it would be a great idea. I got a telephone call from my buddy who lives in McLean, Texas he told me that I was way overdue for a visit and it was then that he invited me over for hunting. I immediately thought of my dad and asked him if he wanted to go and since my dad is retired that took all of two seconds before he replied and said he would go.


We had a great time. Two hours into our hunt we got a beautiful 10 point buck! After that we just enjoyed the outdoors driving around the beautiful panhandle country. My buddy and I just caught up on stuff and told old stories. My dad was great sport he just sat back and enjoyed the company and listened to my buddy and I talk for hours.


It was nice to put away the swimming gear, bike gear, and running shoes away for a while. I have to say it was a break well needed and with Christmas coming I have to say I don't think that I will be training this up coming week either. I have included a picture of the hunting trip.


To all those who follow along, God bless! Have a Merry Christmas and I will see you all after the holidays.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's really neat that you can do things like that with your dad. It's important.
I missed you while you were away, but it was nice to have some alone time.
Anyway, don't forget that we'll be joining Weight Watchers soon so let's all the things we won't be able to eat after the holidays! It's all business after the holidays!
I do have to say that I do enjoy you not swimming in the mornings. I get to sleep in a little later with you.
You know a comment box is not enough for me to say what I need to, but I tried! Love you!