CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

FLIP TURNS


Ok, so I have been swimming since May 2005! I was never a swimmer before and my first day in the swimming pool consisted of swimming one length of the pool (25 yds).....rest......swim another length.....rest......repeat.....call it a work out after 400 yds. Well I have come a long way since then. I did my first open water swim in 2007 at Buffalo Springs Lake 70.3 and today I did my first flip turn in the pool. I was excited, I've always wanted to learn how to do a flip turn and today I got it down, so I did the entire work out with flip turns! I did not realize how much it takes out of you! Anyway, I just wanted to share this with my readers! Train Smart~

2 comments:

Chris said...

I remember thinking the exact same thing when I first learned how to do a flip turn. It seemed like after about 3 strokes after the flip turn my HR shot up and I was out of breath. Didn't make sense to me. I really don't do flip turns that much ( as cool as they are) since most of my tri swims are in open water. I will say that it was tougher than I thought and not nearly as much fun. But I could at least "boast" that I COULD flip turn. :-)

Congrats!!
Chris

Podium quest said...

I remember when I learned how to-oh, wait I still don't know how to flip turn. What the heck? How can I be considered a triathlete when I can't do flip turns. JB, you've put me into aa identity crisis here. But congrats!